SFMade is a California 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, established in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco. It is the only organization of its kind focused on building San Francisco’s economic base by developing the local manufacturing sector.
Our mission is to sustain companies producing locally-made products, encourage entrepreneurship and innovation, and create employment opportunities for San Francisco's diverse workforce.
In addition to working with manufacturers and their employees, SFMade engages with the larger San Francisco community by offering educational workshops, factory tours, and other programs designed to heighten the public awareness of manufacturing and its role in the local economy.
In 2016 we served 631 manufacturers who generated a revenue of $882 million, created 450 new jobs and retained another 4,650.
our member services
Our services are ope to all San Francisco manufacturers. Become a member of SFMade to gain access to:
- Advising and education: Our members benefit from educational workshops on manufacturing-specific topics, one-on-one strategic consultations with staff or expert advisors in apparel, food & beverage, advanced manufacturing, funding, etc. We also offer advanced business advising, strategic business reviews and access to a leadership circle with peers through our Accelerator Program. Learn more.
- Workforce and hiring assistance: Get help recruiting, connecting to local pools of skilled workers, accessing hiring and training incentives, and gain access to our online job board. Host a youth intern for free as part of our YouthMade program, and receive assistance with HR, OSHA and other legal issues. Learn more.
- Real Estate assistance: We can help you locate new, expanded or start-up space for production, distribution and related retail operations in San Francisco. You will also receive assistance with financially planning for space, negotiating fair lease terms, and managing construction and permitting. Learn more.
- Branding and retail: Members can use the SFMade brand on their products and marketing collateral, create a profile in the SFMade directory, participate in SFMade Week (every year in May), sell at SFMade Holiday Fairs (Nov-Dec), and engage in special retail partnerships. Learn more.
- Sourcing assistance and connection to resources: Make connections to local factories, find service providers that have experience with local manufacturers, and gain complimentary membership to the SF Chamber of Commerce. Learn more.
- Community building: We bring SF manufacturers together so that you can establish relationships in the community.